Saturday, May 16, 2009

Majority

Ok, so I ended up not having as much free time as I would have hoped today so I did not end up getting to refuting the evolution article like I promised but I just wanted to point out this find today from conservapedia:

Given Barack Obama's hard-core pro-choice
stand on abortion -- he and his leftist allies
cannot be pleased to learn the results of a new Gallup Poll: America now should
properly be called a pro-life nation! According to
the Gallup survey released this morning -- 51% of American adults describe
themselves as pro-life, while just 42% describe themselves as pro-choice. Protestant voters have
shifted the most. They're now up by 8%, at 59% support for the pro-life
position. What's causing the overall shift in the numbers, from a political
point of view? Republicans and conservatives. [14]

So when I first saw the poll for some reason I thought it was 51-49 but apparently I can't read, but the point still stands. Yes, apparently pro-life has become the more popular view right now but I hardly think that 51% qualifies as a big enough majority to really consider us a pro-life nation. I also fail to see how the Gallop Poll, who actually did the poll (which can be found here), can claim that is the view of the whole country when they only interviewed 1015 adults.

To be honest it doesn't matter which side of the issue you stand 51% is not enough to label us as pro-whatever this country is a very middle of the road country when it comes to views like that just like those who claim it is either a liberal or conservative country are wrong this is very much a moderate country with, when it is broken down, means that the majority of our views on political issues are also going to be moderate.

No comments:

Post a Comment