Friday, May 8, 2009

Book Stores

Alright let me start off by saying never again am I going to put multiple pictures in a post, see previous post, and I apologize for all of the messed up formatting issues that it apparently caused.

So now on to what I really wanted to talk about and that is book stores. As those of you who have seen my youtube page know I currently reside in Baton Rouge, LA, and for those of you who don't know about Louisiana well lets just say it is one of the most conservative states in the US. So I went in a couple of book stores today just to window shop/look around and as always I check out the Biology/Evolution section. It normally down here is about 1-2 shelves of books on the two subjects, not counting animals/nature which is a completely separate section in most stores for some reason. Well as I walked through the rest of the store I came across the Christian section there were 2.5 rows of it, not counting the additional half row of bibles in one store, and there was also another section on the wall that consisted of about half the wall of the store that was also Christian books. There was also a Christian book section in the featured books in the center of the store.

Now I made sure that I pointed out where I am right now because I hope that book stores across the country/world are not in the same situation but it is bad when there are more Christian books than there are books on all of the sciences combined, in total no more than a row and a half. I understand that people believe in God but do you really have to go that far to prove the existence of your God to have that many books. Science should take up more space in the book stores seeing as how that is what keeps us alive and brings us all of the modern conveniences of the modern world.

No comments:

Post a Comment