Thursday, September 17, 2009

Secular Student Society at Texas Tech

So on Monday night I attended a meeting of the Secular Student Society at Texas Tech. It was a good meeting and they seem like they are going to be a good group they just need some time to get organized since this is their first year in existence. I wish them the best of luck and will probably try to make meetings when I can, assuming this whole grad school thing doesn't get in the way (which I am sure it will). From the few months I have been here in Lubbock it has quickly come to my attention just how conservative this portion of Texas is so I was surprised at the number of people at the meeting. I just wanted to throw a shout out to them and to link to their website if you happen to be at TTU and want to learn more or just want to see what they are up to. Their website is http://www.secularttu.com/.

1 comment: