Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My View on the happenings at Sam Noble Museum

Alright so it has almost been a week since I last posted anything, but since I have to study tonight why not post something tonight right? So I figured I would make a statement on the goings on at Same Noble Museum at the University of Oklahoma. For those of you who don't know go here and you can read both PZ's view on the goings on and he links to the original article.

So after reading the post last night I sent it to a friend who is a grad student there. They told me that they didn't even know about it, till I sent them the article, and that there is a chance most of the scientists probably didn't know about it until recently as well. They also told me that since the museum rents to anyone willing to pay that they don't have any say anyway.

My view is that it is fine with me if the museum rents to anyone to whom the money is right. This is a free country and the museum is part of a state university so they can't dictate who gives a speech there. I am as big a fan of free speech as the next person no matter how wrong it actually is. What I would suggest to all those who live near by and are free thinkers go see this and try to take up all of the question and answer session as much as possible. Be respectful if you go and try to get those in the audience who don't understand evolution or who have never heard the evidence go look up the answers to the questions that the scientists raise. This is the only way to get people to actually think because if you handle it aggressively you will only scare people off like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment