Monday, February 28, 2011

Why should we worry?

So towards the end of December I wrote a post about why climate change causing extinctions is not a good thing and is not just evolution. In that post I outlined a few reasons why we should be protecting endangered species. Well it turns out that I somehow forgot that the beauty that is nature. Oh well Why Evolution is True took care of that for me.
Let us not forget that the early naturalists weren’t much interested in the practical or medicinal value of species, but were inspired largely by that driving force of science, simple curiosity. It is that curiosity, expressed in both author and reader, that has rightly made Richard Dawkins a best-selling author. His books are about the beauty and marvel of evolution, and barely say a thing about its practical benefits.
Take a look at the full article it is a well written and sums up my feelings exactly and those reasons are part of why I am working on the National Park Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment