Thursday, July 9, 2009

Gap between Science and the Public

3 Posts in one day I promise not to make this a regular thing heck I only had 4 posts last month. Anyway on to what I wanted to post. I had just found this http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/10/science/10survey.html?_r=5

I just want to say one thing about this article. Being a scientist myself I feel that what Alan I. Leshner says at the end of the article is right. I think that far too often scientists look at themselves as far to high and mighty and we don't take the time to properly educate the public to what is actually going on. Something that I think the Internet should allow people to do better with blogs and YouTube and other similar type things unfortunately those who are against science seem to be far better at it. Maybe it is just because they are more willing but that isn't what really matters is it. We need to help educate everyone that is the job of science after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment